On behalf of all the children, staff and Governors, I am pleased to welcome you into the thriving, inclusive school community at Cherry Lane. Here, we try to establish a good relationship between home and school so that your child has a consistent and secure start to school life. We realise that parents are the first educators and are keen for their child to do well. At Cherry Lane we will help you to enable your child to achieve their very best.
Cherry Lane is a happy caring school where hard work and good behaviour are expected. We encourage children to develop their talents and seek excellence in all that they do. We expect our children to support each other and to celebrate each other’s achievements.
The life of the school is driven by enthusiasm and a desire to achieve. We aim to bring learning alive, making it exciting and stimulating. We want to give our children a thirst for learning that continues with them throughout their future school experiences and life.
We believe a strong partnership between school and parents is essential in providing the best possible education for your child. In this partnership;
The school will ensure that:
- All children have equal access to learning and a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Parents are made to feel welcome and clearly informed of the teaching and learning programme.
- There are regular opportunities to find out how your child is progressing.
- Parents are given early indication of any problems with their child’s work or behaviour.
- There is secure, caring and stimulating environment in which each child will develop his/her unique potential, academically, spiritually and morally.
The children will ensure that they:
- Are properly equipped and dressed ready to work hard.
- Behave well, being respectful and caring of others.
- Take care of the school and the belongings in it
- Do their best in everything they do.
- Tell the teacher if anything is worrying them.
We are confident that with a talented team of both teaching and non-teaching staff we can provide a smooth transition for any child joining the school and strive to meet the needs of all. I look forward to a co-operative and successful start to your child’s school life.
Mr Whitehouse Co Headteacher
Miss Tranter Co Headteacher